Sunday, February 19, 2012

Of sand castles and raccoons.

Hello there. First of all, apologies for the radio silence this week... we were away at the beach, yeah, don't feel sorry for us. I was thinking of you guys though.
It had been a while since we got to spend a whole week chilling, and there is something about the sea, that calms me down. I love to play in the water, the sand and enjoy the sun. Speaking of the sun, do not ever forget your sunblock, as I recklessly and purposedly did one day because I wanted a tan. Yes, I should have known, but that's what I did when I was 14 and nothing happened. Well not anymore, not only did I not get the brown tan I wanted, I ended up with red, uneven stains in my belly and legs. That will teach me.
Anyway, the boy tends to get bored in this kind of getaway, I guess it is a cultural thing, since for me vacations=beach, and he just didn't get the fun of it all. Until now. I guess it has to do with the fact that we were rather active: we took archery lessons, played basketball, went kayaking in the sea, took salsa lessons, trained and went for long walks (me) / runs (the boy) early in the morning, which I truly enjoyed. Specially spotting the local fauna in action. We are back in land now and I hope I will be able to write more often these days.

9 comments:

  1. Se fueron de luna de miel con tu hermanita y el marido? ;)
    Hermosas fotos, qué lindo todo lo que hicieron, y qué lindo estar de vacaciones en el mar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si... nos fuimos de luna de miel , nos invitaron y nos insistieron mucho, y claro no nos negamos. Decia mi hermanita que como no nos vemos nunca, y bueno, ella y su esposo tendran mucho tiempo juntos, sera cambio de ciudad, de trabajo, y la primera vez que sale de casa (a excepcion de 4 meses que estuvo trabajando fuera). De todos modos tratamos de dejarlos solos jeje.
      Y si el mar... lo disfrutamos mucho ! Saludos !

      Delete
    2. Cuantos cambios! Enhorabuena, brindo desde aquí por su nueva vida, que sean muy felices!

      Delete
  2. So jealous! This all sounds like a great relaxing adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :) Yay adventures ! I am so excited about meeting you guys!

      Delete
  3. I'm green with envy... Now I'm gonna hide my head in the sand in shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you don't have to hide, we'll miss you here :)

      Delete
  4. How fun!! Did you stay in Ixtapa? That looks like Isla Ixtapa in the background. We usually stay at Hotel Catalina in Zihua, which is on the beach and more caters to local tourists (not very U.S. friendly, which I like), but this time we're splurging for Valentine's Day and staying at a super expensive, romantic boutique hotel. We'll have a plunge pool on our balcony. I literally may never leave the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Ixtapa, we stayed at the Club Med, full of french and canadian kids, but the food is delicious, lots of activities, everything is included, nice international atmosphere. Normally we also like to stay at smaller, "local" hotels, but my sister used to work at the "Med" and she was able to get a really good deal, so we went for it.
      A romantic boutique hotel sounds super nice, and wow a pool in your balcony how great ! I always wanted that but the boy does not even love the water so much. During our honeymoon we did stay in Punta Mita (just after Puerto Vallarta) in a fancy suite that had it´s own jacuzzi in the terrace. Never leaving the room is ok sometimes. But don't miss the Sea, it is magic. Specially walks early in the morning or at sunset.

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...