Tuesday, July 1, 2014

So, I'm back...

Finally babywearing! It's been a struggle... Y. used to refuse being held, though I've always dreamt of being a kangaroo-mom

It has been quiet around here because we went back home to Mexico for a full month. I was kind of unplugged from the internet. To be honest, the real reason for the disconnected-ness was that we brought so much stuff that my laptop just did not fit in our hand luggage.I say kind of because I was reading and checking in on the usual social media, but I was not as active as I usually am.

The finished goodie-bags for our fellow airplane travelers. Y. behaved, engines are magic.

It is always invigorating to go back home, to spend time with family and close friends, to eat familiar food, to stay in the house I grew up in, to take walks in the center and stop for ice-cream or treats at places where I used to hang out as a teenager.

Then, it's always difficult to come back to Europe. Packing, saying goodbye just before going through immigration, getting on the airplane... it always makes me cry. And yet, our life is now here, our home, our new routines.


We did so much, and it was so different, going there with baby Y. We were so enveloped by love and care from so. many. people.It was humbling.  We organized her Baptism, we went to the Baptism of a close friends' baby boy, we visited Mark's dad, we went on short day-trips to places Mark hadn't been to yet. I spent my birthday in Mexico for the first time in 9 years, that is, since I turned 25. Time literally flew away and now we are back... without knowing when we'll go back again. And yet, just last weekend was nice and busy. We finally met some of the couples from our childbirth's class for a picnic at the park and on Sunday we went to a baby-shower and then watched the soccer game with another Mexican-Dutch family.


I am still processing everything that happened, getting over jet-lag, unpacking, organizing and getting used to our days again. Yu changed so much in a month. She wants to sit all the time, she laughs, she is interactive, she can hold her own hands, she grabs objects, she's started teething, she's learning how to sleep by herself and we are starting to move her to her "big baby" crib in her own room at night.

Luckily, we've come to long, warm, summer days and so the transition is not as difficult as coming home in the middle of the winter. What have you been up to?

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! Going home is the best... I am so glad you enjoyed your trip and that Y got to visit Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so, so nice to be back home, to see so many people that wanted to meet her. Full battery recharge!

      Delete
  2. Que bueno que lo hayas pasada bien en tu visita a Mexico, nunca estuve alli pero parece un lugar precioso, que discreets del verano aqui en Europa! Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, el calor hace toda la diferencia! Si tienes oportunidad de visitar México te lo recomiendo mucho, hay tantas cosas que hacer y que conocer... es de no terminar! Gracias !

      Delete
  3. HOlaaaa espero hallas tenido un feliz regreso! y que mexico te halla tratado bien. me alegra ver que estuviste feliz llevando tu bbsita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Sí, todo muy bien por aqui, fue genial estar con amigos y familiares casi un mes. Como hace falta... pero gracias a la tecnología podemos permanecer cerca y comunicados!

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...