Thursday, September 11, 2014

4 years



4 years ago today, on a sunny September Saturday morning I started getting ready for a very special day.

It has been 4 years of adventures, of annoying each other, of taking walks, of travelling together, of choosing each other every morning, of being there, of pushing each other to be the best selves we can be, of holding each other accountable, of hoping and praying and wishing... and having our prayers answered. Of being so absolutely happy even-though there have been hard moments and there are times when all we want to do is sigh loudly and scream at other in the face because I left cabinet doors open again or there are socks laying everywhere or I got lost because I got the wrong advice.


This morning I was surprised with breakfast at the door, M had to act like he didn't know anything while I was busy preparing the kid's steamed pear and cereal and our usual chamomile tea and toast with butter and jam (which reminds me of a silly saying we used to say in high-school: "we love our bread, we love our butter, but most of all we love each other").

A week ago we finally got to a notary and signed a will. I don't think I ever felt so grown-up in my life, a small signature implying so much. We really are doing this together, and we have to think of all kinds of morbid scenarios and take care of each other, of the wee one.

Marriage is beautiful, and marriage can be hard, but it is so worth it. And I feel so lucky, blessed and beyond grateful that I get to share and live life with Mark, that we get to do this huge thing together.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! May the years ahead be filled with bread, butter and lots of love (that's a cute saying :)

    Hope you have a great and special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was quite special... until I started going down with the flu quite bad and we had to cancel our dinner plans out. So we had candle-lit chicken soup and hope we will go out some other time. I hope you, husband and wonder girl are doing well Sadie, I think of you often.

      Delete
  2. Happy Aniversary! Lovely pictures and memories - and yummy breakfast box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for passing by, I always love comments!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicidades amanda! que mejor regalo y demostracion de amor que tu peque. Creoq ue tenemos el mismo tiempo de casadas y es dificil creer que paso tanto tiempo, en mi caso no siento que pase el tiempo!. te mando un saludo enorme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias :) Sí es una bendición y estamos super felices !
      El tiempo pasa volando, pensamos 4 años es mucho, y parece que haya sido uno. Muchos saludos!

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...