Wednesday, January 14, 2015

#January Joy: Refresh your Style

 We are going to play this game and pretend I have loads of cash to spend on clothes for me. In real life, I survive on a capsule wardrobe, the trendy term for saying that I wear the same 10 garments over and over and over again. If I could, then I would invest in a bright pink coat with a round collar that looks like my grandma would have worn it in the 60's.

As you have probably noticed I am obsessed with flamingos so when I saw a lovely aqua green jacket (my favorite color too!) and a salmon-coloured sweater with tiny flamingos embroidered I went crazy.

Of course what I really need is a new, warm coat. I had been wearing a red coat from H&M for ages. When I say ages, I mean I bought it in Autumn 2003! But I love it so much and it was such great quality and it fit so well that I refused to let it go. Let it go, let it go.... (sorry still obsessed, like all 5-year old girls in the world. Have you heard the song in French? It's amazing).


Anyhow, I finally decided to search and look and reinvent myself and when I found a green coat I decided to give it a go. I am a red, red, red kind of girl, so choosing a different hue felt like quite the adventure. But I felt a bit like Dorian Gray, a never-changing portrait. And change is good right?

So this is what I look like these days, I wanted to have the boy take a real pic with a real camera, but mirror pic it is. Have you done anything with your style these days? Are you dreaming of new clothes that you don't need and can't afford?

9 comments:

  1. Pues yo también hice mi actualización de abrigo de invierno!
    El que tenía antes lo había comprado en un H&M hace como 5 años. En ese entonces pesaba solo unas microparticulas de aire -ahora peso macroparticulas- y me compré lo primero que vi a buen precio y aunque fuera sintético.
    Hace un par de años ya estaba pidiendo perdón. Le re-cocí sopotocientas veces los botones, le corté los hilos de más que empezaron a salir hasta que este año (bueno, en realidad el 2014) antes de que llegara el invierno, lo metí en la primera bolsa de ropa para regalar que tenía a mano y me dije: Te compras uno nuevo, o te lo compras!
    Hace un par de semanas compré uno por internet en Mango. Clásico, 70% lana y en rebaja!

    No es lo que yo quería en un principio, pero digamos que sustituye al que se fue. El próximo año invertiré tiempo y dinero en conseguir el que me gusta: uno en color Camel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo también estuve a punto de comprar un abrigo en mango, pero un gran botón negro me hizo desistir jaja.

      El color Camello es super bonito y combinable en los abrigos. Yo quiero uno corto, pero aqui no sirven para nada. Mientras no salga con uno de esos sacos de dormir ambulantes que se usan ahora...

      Delete
  2. ME encanta el abrigo verde, yo también necesito cambios. También me gustan mucho los planes para el cumple de YU te escribo pronto, tenemos que quedar. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Sí nos tenemos que poner de acuerdo, ya no falta nada! El cumple de Yu estuvo super bonito! Ja pero no se si hacemos otra fiesta hasta que tenga... mmm 15?

      Delete
  3. It seems like all I do is dream of clothes I could never afford :D I like your green coat, the whole combination is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I know, why do all the nicer clothes have to be so expensive?

      Delete
  4. Ahhh flamingos!! Qué tierno!! (Y la fiesta de Yu será genial, me encanta el tema!) El abrigo verde es súper bonito, me gusta la ropa de colores para aquello de alegrar un poco el invierno, me parece que la mayoría de la ropa para el frío es muy seria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, sí, yo también siempre busco ropa de color en inverno, el negro-gris-azulmarino-crema del invierno me aburre tanto.

      Con los flamingos estoy obsesionada...

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...