Sunday, May 31, 2015

5 years


 I can't believe that 5 years ago today, on a Monday morning (not a Sunday), the boy and I got married for the first time (the second ceremony would take place later that year, in September).

I still remember how emotional and happy we felt that day. We were supposed to be going almost by ourselves, only joined by our witnesses, 4 of our best friends, but when our parents and close family heard the plan they were like nuh-uh, we are coming as well.

We felt so happy. So fresh and ready to take life together.

Marriage is hard, last night at 3 a.m. we were screaming at each other eventhough (or perhaps because) we were both more asleep than awake. I am not proud and every time we fight I can't wait to make up again because staying angry kills me inside.

There is always a new day and we keep coming back to each other. I admire M. so much and he pushes me, inspires me and makes me be a better person everyday.

My best friend is staying with us and we spent the day visiting Rotterdam, walking in the rain and then having celebratory tea and crêpes Suzette.

I hope we will be blessed with many more days together.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Here's to many MANY more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 years! We recently celebrated our 5 year anniversary too. You are right, marriage is hard and d the cliché of going through mountains and valleys is so true. Here's to many more years together (and I hope you blog for many of them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated anniversary to you too! To many years of happiness and adventures together !

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your honesty about marriage. Not a lot of people share that sometimes it can be tough. Happy anniversary. We celebrate 3 years married in a few weeks. It's lovely to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes , celebrations are the best. It feels special to grow together little by little. And yeah, it is not always easy but I am a huge believer that stories should be shared. It makes it easier for everyone...

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...