Friday, December 22, 2017

Try-day Friday

Don't mind the mess in the back. I am really bad at selfies. Also, the skirt needs ironing.
 A few days ago I received an email from Ashby from Dia&Co challenging me to find confidence through fashion and inviting me to join their series Try-day Friday, the idea being to step out of the box to try new styles; new outfits, things that you own and never wear.

Lately I have been in a bit of a rut, fashion wise. I am such a cliché. I literally wake up have my coffee, shower and run, run, run. By the time the girls are asleep I am so ready to crash as well (and I often do). I have never been someone to spend hours and hours in front of the mirror, but now I do it even less.  Between the cold weather and the time it takes to actually take clothes out of the closet  I am always wearing jeans, a warm fleece sweatshirt and tennis shoes or boots. All the time. So I thought this would be a fun thing to do.


We recently took a long-weekend trip to Lisbon and I was happy to find tights in bright crazy colors (pink, yellow, green!) as opposed to the gray, brown, black, and if you are lucky, red, that you can find here in The Netherlands. My Bolivan best friend, the historian who now lives in Barcelona inherited me this brown tulip skirt with pockets that is not something I would have chosen myself. Out of ignorance, I guess. It is high-waisted. I think my fashion soul stayed in the 90's because I always tend to pick clothes that fit at the hips. I decided to wear it with my new tights, a colorful silicone teething necklace I got from my dear and bright friend Hayley and some colorful sneakers I once found at an airport. Then, inspired by the lovely Kirsty I painted my nails bright pink and added glitter to make it festive. What have you been wearing lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...