Monday, November 3, 2014

No-sew Twink & Rainbow Brite costumes


Rainbow Brite was always one of my favorite cartoons growing up. I probably still have a doll somewhere at home. I used to love it when I was 5. So when I saw this Twink (Rainbow Brite's white little fluffy helper) costume tutorial, I knew I had to give it a try. It is just, so cute. This is the reason people have babies!

Via PinkSuedeShoes Twink costume tutorial
 Unfortunately the instructions were not as easy as I thought... the "easy" tutorial asked for an actual pattern and a a sewing machine! Really? I was not able to make curtains, and I certainly do not have  the time or concentration to figure out how to sew right now.  But, the post did inspire me to find a way to make this happen.

One of the presents baby Y. received from one of our dear friends is a fluffy, hooded, white vest. I thought it would do the trick, so I tried. Next was getting rainbow- babylegs. I searched all over, but most companies would not ship them to Europe and I didn't find them anywhere in the Netherlands. I didn't give up, though, and I finally found a shop that would send them to us (and provided great customer-service too!).


Next I got some colourful foam sheets and pipecleaners and I was all set. I just made the blue belt, pocket, rainbow and stars for the antennae from the foam, and I attached everything together with double-sided tape and safety-pins.

Of course I wanted to be Rainbow-Brite as well, so I went on and fulfilled a life-long dream of getting bright orange hair and wore a blue-dress. I could have looked for rainbow leg-warmers for my arms and legs, and maybe with some red sneakers or even moon-boots it'd have  looked a lot better, but here we are. A super cute costume with material that I had laying around the house: scissors, tape, cardboard, a red onesie, red socks, a blue dress, and the white vest.

This might be my favorite Halloween (though admitedly not very scary) disguise ever. Did you dress-up this Halloween?

4 comments:

  1. This is so great! I hope I remember for next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought of mother-daughter costumes. So smart. Plus Rainbow Bright is just extra awesome. For some reason I always thought that Halloween want really a thing in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it a miillion years ago and I knew I had to do this... the next one I want to try is a Cabbage Patch Kid doll. Poor girl.

      Halloween is not really a thing over here, but it is becoming bigger and bigger , people organize parties and events everywhere and people like to dress up anyway!

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...